Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Flippin my Lid!

A major part of designing my small space is the purging of all things 'clutter'.... but at the same time I need to find creative ways to store items. 
I do not have a candy bowl, but I had these wonderful small hard candies I wanted to have out ... so I dug out a jar from the cupboard and did a quick recycle art project on the top to add a little 'new' to something old...


Easy Peasy:  Took the lid, turned it over on top of a gorgeous card (from one of my fave stores, Paper Source) and traced the lid on the paper.  Cut out a smidge inside the mark... I did not measure this, I eyeballed it.  Took some Mod Podge (because it was what I happened upon first when digging through anything that I could use to 'stick' the paper to the lid) and smeared it on the lid.  placed the cut out on the lid then smeared a little more over top of the actual paper. Let dry. The actual 'art' part of this project took me less than 5 minutes...


Isn't it cute??? I think this would be a really fun and easy thing to do for a multitude of things... and of course using papers that coordinate with either the holiday or the contents would be superb....

What ordinary object can you transform into functional art?
...scatter joy...
lindy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share you thoughts & ideas!