Tuesday, January 26, 2010

ride, run, walk, jump, etc etc etc LIKE A GIRL!!!!

The theme of this delicious ATC swap was 'Make a Statement'.  For those of you who know me, you know how passionate I am about women having and listening to their own powerful voice.                                                                   
One of my beautiful friends, Devin, ran in the SanFran marathon, and was sweet enough to send me the best postcard on the planet.  I used this postcard as the base... it turns the usual negative ....'like a girl' connotation on its head by proclaiming it as a positive.  We should ALL remember to run (or read or walk or ride or laugh or cry or talk.....) LIKE A GIRL... and that doing so is definitely a good thing... hell it's a GREAT Thing! 
Give your art a voice... build a community of women.

Who is in your community of women?  Who listens to the voice of your soul?

...scatter joy...
lindy






2 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT!!! (of course)!!! Soooo wonderful, and yes, we DO need to all remember to do EVERYTHING and ANYTHING "like a girl!!!"

    I'm such a fan of that message (obviously) as I "run like a girl" quite a lot these days. ;)

    What a great way to reuse materials Lindy! You're the best.

    Once I'm out of school, I cannot WAIT to build a woman's community, hopefully with you as one of the founding (and sound) pillars!!!

    Love you, always, incredibly Lindy!
    xoxo,
    d

    ReplyDelete

Please share you thoughts & ideas!