Monday, September 21, 2009

5 minute valance

I am loving the process of changing my space to truly reflect me..... and I am closer and closer each day.  There are still a couple areas that are causing me pause.... one of these areas is my kitchen window. 

Because my kitchen and dining area are really one large space I feel as though I can't have competing fabrics (although coordinating or complementary are perfectly fine....) and now that I've found out I can go crazy with a pendant lamp that I've been jonesing for (oh. my. god.  ... I think I just got that reference.... lol) which has a gorgeous shade options and I'm talking retro mid-century modern chic....................................! 

I'll be choosing it this weekend as I help one of my dearest friends celebrate 'It's a Brand New Day' with her big reveal.... visit Stacy O's to read more!

To get me through til I finally figure out what the perfect window covering is, I sewed up this cute little valance with a scrap of fabric... seriously It wasn't even 1/2 yard... lol and it took me less than 10 minutes.  (I didn't even press the seams before sewing... ) and.... it must be said... I'm loving it... ; )


What has brought unexpected joy into your life recently?
....scatter joy...
lindy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share you thoughts & ideas!