Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Color My World...


I had a bit of a deja vu experience recently... when I was a little girl, my mom took me to the store and let me pick out crayons and paper... do you remember the first time you saw that box of 64.... ?! EVERY COLOR IMAGINEABLE... and none of the colors were duplicates (not like they do in some of their huge boxes today!)... AND it had a sharpener Built. Right. IN! I was giddy with excitement and hope that somehow that box would be mine... all those colors at my finger-tips...

well, the other day I had a 30% off one item coupon for an art supply store... and you know how it is with art supplies... you never really do NEED anything until you walk in and need EVERYTHING! As I walked up and down the aisle seeking out the ideal item to play with I came upon the most perfect thing for an artist beckoning to be born..... a beautiful box of 48 colors....


I already know exactly what my 1st 2 projects are going to be...


what are some of the ways in which you make your life more color*full?


...scatter joy...

lindy

3 comments:

  1. Love.IT! Wow...now THAT looks like a purchase well deserving of a 30% off coupon!!! I've got myself a 20% off burning a hole in my pocket, but I'm really not sure what I'll use it on, so it might end up being something small. We'll see...

    ANYWAY...to answer the above question...I'm a collector...and I love everything. But one way I love to bring COLOR into my life is from things ini nature...or objects that have been affected by and thus transformed by nature. In particular, anything metal that is rusted.

    I LOVE rusted objects (when it's not a car that is ;). I have a half eaten soup can hanging on my wall as art because I thought it was so beautiful in it's state of decay - and the vibrance of the rust color is kind of warm and inviting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious D--- I share your 'rusted art' love... my mom always teases that she could give me a rusted pail for my birthday and I'd be on top of the world.... (now if I could just get her to do that...!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can remember those boxes of crayola colors... especially the box of 64 (burnt sienna!). I'd use the built in sharpener just to make color shavings that I'd put together with glue on paper. Kind of wax crayon mosaics. Fun!

    ReplyDelete

Please share you thoughts & ideas!